Sunday, January 19, 2014

The challenge of dinner

The challenge of dinner


Meals are a challenge at my house. Meals are a challenge at most houses.

At my house, we have two parents with differing culinary philosophies. I'm vegan. My husband is not. Our two boys eat what they get. So from me, vegan. From my husband, not.

They are younger than 10. Too young to decide anything at all when it comes to food. All they know is they like dessert and fast food. I don't do fast food. Fast food is bad for those who eat it, those who serve it, for the economy and the environment. 

So the boys get the majority of their meals from me and I strive to make vegan meals they will like. They are picky and this is a challenge.

Did you ever look for vegan, kid-friendly meals? Most of the time, the results are desserts. I don't need any help getting them to eat cookies. They like cookies just fine.

I'm constantly searching for meals the entire family can eat together without one person sticking up their nose. It's a challenge. My husband likes my food, but I don't always succeed with the kids. Sometimes I do and we all end up happy and fed.

So here is a place to try recipes and ideas. To see how they fly with the pre-pre-teens. And share ideas with other vegan moms who cook.





No comments:

Post a Comment